The Royal Marsden Macmillan Hotline
This service provides specialist advice and support to all Royal Marsden patients, their carers, and hospital and community-based doctors and nurses caring for Royal Marsden patients. You can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 020 8915 6899.
Please call us straight away on 020 8915 6899 if you are feeling unwell or are worried about the side effects of cancer treatments.
About this service
It is important for people and their carers to have access to information to manage side effects and any complications of treatment. The Royal Marsden Macmillan Hotline is available to provide you with help and support in relation to your treatment.
Getting professional help early will help you, or the person you care for, and will reduce the risk that problems may become more serious.
Who will I speak to when I call The Royal Marsden Macmillan Hotline?
Your call will be answered by an experienced acute oncology nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The nurses will contact specialist clinical teams for advice when required in order to ensure the best management of your care.
Contacting The Royal Marsden Macmillan Hotline
- You will hear a ‘welcome’ message. Please listen carefully and follow the instructions
- The nurses will answer your call as soon as possible. However, if the line is busy you may be placed in a queue
- An email service is also available to provide support to those who are communication and/or speech impaired. Please let us know if you require these contact details
- All calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. The team will also document the details and outcome of each call in your medical records
- There are some details that the team need to confirm at the start of each call. In order for us to deal with your query as quickly as possible, please have these to hand: your RMH number, your diagnosis and your consultant or key worker name
Your key worker
Your key worker is available and can be contacted directly during working hours if you need to discuss any aspect of your treatment. For example:
- Specific treatment queries
- If you are taking part in a clinical trial, please contact your research nurse directly during working hours; please call the hotline if you are unable to reach your research nurse or for any out-of-hours queries
- Please contact the relevant department through our switchboard if you have any queries relating to the following: appointments, transport or if you need to speak to a Medical Secretary regarding an administrative query