How can I help The Royal Marsden?
Become a Foundation Trust Member
As a Foundation Trust, we give greater say in how we are run to local people, staff and all those who use our services, including patients, their families and carers. Our members reflect these groups and help us ensure that we are providing the very best service we can – a service built around the needs of the community.
Members are represented by elected governors who sit on the Council of Governors. They play a key role in shaping the strategic direction and governance of The Royal Marsden.
Membership is free to join and open to anyone over the age of 16 who resides in England.
As a Member you will be able to:
- Receive information that keeps you up to date with our work, including a copy of the RM magazine
- Be invited to Members’ events which range from clinical presentations to behind-the-scenes tours of the hospital and leading-edge technology
- Have a say on how to improve patient care and services
- Vote to elect your governors or have the opportunity to stand for governor.
You can choose to be involved as much or as little as you like.
How to apply
There are several ways in which you can apply to become a member. You can:
- Collect a membership form; these are displayed around the hospital
- Complete an application form online royalmarsden.nhs.uk/membership
- Ask the Corporate Governance team to post a form to you by calling 020 7808 2844.
Become a Friend and volunteer
The Friends of The Royal Marsden is a voluntary organisation that exists to help patients. The Friends raise money to provide activities, equipment and extra comforts for patients. The Friends also provide services such as the cafeteria and mobile shop. You can call The Friends on 020 7352 3875.
For more about the work of the Friends and how you can volunteer, please see the Friends of The Royal Marsden leaflet available around the hospital or in the Help Centre. You can also call the Friends on 020 7808 2982.
Support the charity
The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity supports the work of The Royal Marsden by raising money for the hospital. There are all sorts of ways to get involved and show your support, from taking part in fun runs to giving a donation online. Find out more at royalmarsden.org