Who should I contact?

For questions about your appointment

If you want to contact us for questions about your appointment, you’ll find the contact details you need on your hospital appointment card or letter.

If you become unwell during treatment

Call us any time if you become unwell while receiving treatment, such as chemotherapy. We will let you know at the start of your treatment what to do if this happens and who to call.

Who to contact if you feel unwell at home

If you are currently having radiotherapy or chemotherapy or are participating in a clinical trial at The Royal Marsden, please contact your hospital team. You can reach them from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

At all other times, you should contact the on‑call clinical site practitioner (senior nurse) through the hospital switchboard. He or she will be able to advise you and refer you to the doctor on call if necessary.

If you dial 999 the ambulance service will take you to your nearest Accident and Emergency (A&E) department. They will not bring you to The Royal Marsden. If the doctor in A&E thinks you need to be transferred to The Royal Marsden, he or she will contact your medical team.

If you have been discharged from The Royal Marsden and are not currently having any treatment or active follow‑up, please contact your GP who will make a new referral if necessary.

Any other questions

If you have any questions about your treatment and care in between appointments, don’t hesitate to ask. Questions can be directed to your consultant or key worker. If you’re receiving chemotherapy you may wish to contact the unit doctor or pharmacist.

We don’t currently use email to communicate clinical information. This is in order to avoid the delays that can occur in responding to email messages, and to safeguard your privacy and confidentiality.