The Royal Marsden Help Centre
This offers support to all patients, their families and friends at any stage of their cancer experience. Where appropriate, the Help Centre can refer you to other professionals for specialist or more long-term support.
Confidential chat and support, information-giving and signposting to necessary services is available, as is internet access and a small library of information materials. Booklets and leaflets are provided on request. Staff can also assist in communication between yourself and your medical team if requested.
- In Chelsea, the Help Centre is opposite the Medical Day Unit
- In Sutton, the Help Centre is in the main entrance
Please call us on 0800 783 7176 or visit us in person between 9.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Outside these hours, you can contact us by:
See here for further information about leaving us compliments, complaints and feedback.
Royal Marsden Macmillan Hotline
The Royal Marsden Macmillan Hotline provides specialist advice and support to all Royal Marsden patients, their carers, and hospital and community-based doctors and nurses caring for Royal Marsden patients.
You can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 020 8915 6899, or look at our hotline information for more details.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS staff are here to:
- Provide you with information about services at The Royal Marsden
- Guide you to other health and social care resources which may be available to you closer to home, including cancer support groups, carer support services and advocacy services
- Help you with any questions, concerns or complaints you may have about your treatment and care
- Support you and listen to your views and suggestions
- Resolve any concerns or complaints you have about your care or the services you receive as soon as possible.
PALS is a confidential service and information will not be disclosed to any other person without your consent.
Patient information service
The impact of a diagnosis of cancer can have a significant effect on you, your family and friends. You may want information about practical help and support on living with cancer, as well as about cancer itself. Finding the right information and support can help you and your family to cope in a better way.
The cancer information service complements the information given to you by your clinical team. Information is available about cancer, its treatment, effects and side effects. The service also has information about the help and support available to help you live with cancer, accessible in different forms including leaflets, booklets, books, CDs, DVDs and the internet. You can browse through the information or talk to a Patient Liaison Advisor in the centre.
The Royal Marsden publishes a number of booklets and leaflets about cancer diagnosis and treatments. These are free of charge, and are available to download from our Patient information library website.