Improving your outpatient experience
We have established a project group to review all elements of your visit to the Outpatient Department.
As part of this project, we will be looking at:
- The number of follow-up appointments that you require and when it is appropriate to discharge you to ensure that you only come to the hospital when you really need to.
- Alternatives to our standard follow-up appointments, designed to give you more control over your time after your treatment has finished.
- The role of clinic co-ordinators to improve the flow through Outpatients to try and reduce the time you wait for your appointment.
- The introduction of more nurse-led and telephone clinics to enable us to better meet clinical demand.
- Enhancing the environment to make your appointment more comfortable.
- How we communicate with you to keep you informed about waiting times.
How you can help us
Staff may approach you after your consultation for feedback about your visit using the Picker Patient Satisfaction survey. Your feedback is important and helps us make changes to our service. If you would like to take part in this please speak to one of the reception or nursing staff and they will help you.
The results of previous surveys can be found here.