Treatment may include:
- Assessment of swallowing/feeding skills
- Assessment of speech, language and voice
- Joint working with other professionals, such as allied health professionals, nurses and school staff
- Liaison with other agencies
- Advice to patients, carers and staff regarding safe swallowing
- Advice to patients, carers and staff for optimising and supporting communication
- Therapy programmes for those with swallowing or communication difficulties
- Referrals to other specialist services, e.g. neuro rehabilitation
- Ongoing review of communication or swallowing.
A service is provided to both inpatients and outpatients up to the age of 24 years. Referrals are accepted from staff and patients/carers, and can be made by calling 020 8661 3038.