The Royal Marsden offers a comprehensive specialist service for the staging, treatment and hospital care of patients with gastrointestinal cancers.
An individualised treatment plan is made for each patient by a specialist multidisciplinary team of medical oncologists, clinical oncologists, surgeons, histopathologists, molecular pathologists, gastroenterologists and clinical nurse specialists.
Services available at The Royal Marsden include:
- Diagnosis, tests and investigations: primary assessment and diagnosis
- Specialist review and second opinion
- Staging and investigation
- Cancer genetics
- Surgery, including sphincter-sparing surgery and trans-endoscopic microsurgery (TEMS)
- Critical care
- Palliative and supportive care
- Clinical trials
- Diagnosis and staging