Rewards and benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits, discounts and support for all of our staff.
There are lots of reasons to come to work at The Royal Marsden. We are one of the largest comprehensive cancer centres in Europe. Our dedicated teams are at the heart of our centre of excellence and the reason why we have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC. With an international reputation and commitment to developing your career, find out more about what makes The Royal Marsden such a special place to work.
Because you matter.
We're proud to have an excellent health and wellbeing programme available for everyone who works at The Royal Marsden. Our 'Because you matter' programme gives staff access to a wide range of benefits and wellbeing initiatives.
- All our jobs are subject to inner, outer or fringe London weighting, depending on location
- Our generous holiday entitlement is 27 days per year, rising to 29 days after five years’ service and 33 days after 10 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- You’ll have learning and development opportunities to support your career progression
- Our staff have access to The Royal Marsden School, one of the UK’s leading specialist cancer schools. The school delivers a flexible programme of degree and master’s qualifications as well as short courses and study days – all taught by experts in their field
- Automatic membership to the NHS Pension scheme
- We offer maternity, paternity and sick pay entitlements and flexible working options
- Annual staff recognition awards generously funded by The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity.
Lifestyle, discounts and financial wellbeing
As an NHS employee you can subscribe to a number of benefits/services and save money with hundreds of discounts at retailers locally and nationally. These include:
- Exclusive Royal Marsden discounts from local companies—including coffee shops and restaurants
- My Trust Benefits - as a Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust employee, you can register for free and save money on hundreds of well-known brands and retailers
- The Blue Light Card - benefit from large discounts online and on the high street.
- Trust Funded Eye Tests (and contribution to new prescriptions) for Display Screen Equipment Users
- A regular free inter-site and local station (Sutton) shuttle service
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes - exchange part of your monthly salary for a benefit such as a the Car Lease Salary Sacrifice Scheme or the Cycle to Work Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Financial education seminars to help staff understand more about pensions
- Financial partners who provide free impartial advice to staff in relation to Pension Scheme membership, Lifetime and Annual allowances and broader advice around managing your finances.
Health and wellbeing
We provide lots of benefits to help aid your health and wellbeing. Some of our offering includes:
- A dedicated in-house Occupational Health Team to support you at work, including services such as fast track physiotherapy, and reduced rates on massage, osteopathy, reflexology and chiropody
- Onsite fitness classes (Ups Club Sutton)
- A free flu vaccination each year
- Access to counselling services, including confidential one to one support, support for teams and support for leaders and managers generously funded by The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity
- Prayer facilities at each site: our multi-faith spiritual care team offer a confidential service, 24 hours a day, and can help with all aspects of pastoral, cultural, spiritual and religious care
- Wellbeing workshops facilitated by Community Living Well
- Staff Networks - we have three active staff networks that are jointly run with the Institute of Cancer Research; Access for All (disability and long term conditions), LGBT+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) and REACH (Race, Ethnicity and Cultural Heritage)
- Childcare - we have an on-site day nursery at our Sutton site, which provides places for staff with children aged between six months and five years
- Local independent Holiday Playschemes.