As a nurse at The Royal Marsden you will be part of a supportive team that’s passionate about providing the very best care to patients.
Why become a nurse at The Royal Marsden?
These are just a few of the reasons why you should join us:
- We're outstanding! – The CQC has rated The Royal Marsden as 'Outstanding'
- Our quality of care – we have an overall patient experience rating of 9/10, the highest score for any Trust (Care Quality Commission Inpatient Survey 2015)
- Our commitment to our nurses – we provide our nurses with the training, support and staffing levels that enable them to to provide the best care to patients
- Our breadth of nursing roles – our nurses work across all aspects of nursing, including general oncology, critical care, theatres, ambulatory care, paediatrics, haematology, private care and in the community
- Our international leadership – from establishing the first worldwide Clinical Nurse Specialist roles to The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures - the go-to reference for nurses worldwide - The Royal Marsden has been at the forefront of innovation in nursing for decades.
We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles at our hospitals and in the community in Sutton – view our latest vacancies on our recruitment website.
We also run regular nursing recruitment and assessment days where you can hear first-hand from our nurses about what it’s like to work here. Upcoming dates can be found on our recruitment website.
Your training and development
We pride ourselves on training our nurses to the very highest standards and are able to provide tailored training plans.
The Royal Marsden School also provides nurses with access to education programmes taught by experts involved in clinical practice, such as Clinical Nurse Specialists, lead therapists and consultant oncologists.
Leadership Rotation Programme
We are currently recruiting for our Leadership Rotation Programme, a 24-month programme consisting of three 6-month clinical placements and fully funded academic learning as part of the rotation, offering a wide range of experience in cancer care for Band 5 Staff Nurses. Find out more information here.
Meet our Community Nurses
"I like working for The Royal Marsden because they put patient care first, they are invested in quality and development. They look at how we develop our staff in order to give the best care to our patients"
You can find our latest community nursing roles on our recruitment website.