While these are uncertain times, you can rest assured that The Royal Marsden is open and caring for patients as usual. What has changed, is that we have implemented certain measures to ensure the utmost safety of our patients and staff, but the world-class treatment remains the same.
The video above highlights some of these measures which include:
- Social distancing including redesigned layout of waiting areas, screens at receptions, signs and floor markings encouraging people to stay apart
- Restrictions on numbers of people on all sites
- Remote consultations available via video or telephone
- Enhanced pre-assessment of patients
- Masks are worn at all times and full use of PPE where needed
- Strict infection control and deep cleaning of all areas
- Regular staff testing programme
- Patient testing when required
Our spacious radiotherapy department means we can follow the social distancing rules while still carrying out treatment and we have opened our surgical capacity to include weekends so patients can be treated quickly.
For more details about our video consultations, please visit our information page
This is a very unsettling time for everyone but even more so for those dealing with the added stress of having cancer. The Royal Marsden Private Care is here and open as usual to help you with your cancer patients.
For the latest updates please check our COVID page