Video consultations for your outpatient appointment
The Royal Marsden Private Care is now offering video consultations as well as face-to-face appointments.
What is a video consultation?
A video consultation is an appointment that takes place between a patient and a clinician over video, as opposed to face-to-face or over the telephone. You will receive the same high quality of care as you would in a face-to-face appointment.
Why is The Royal Marsden offering video consultations?
The platform is safe and straight-forward to use.
It enables patients and their families to save time by not having to travel for an appointment and allows for flexibility to be able to do it from a location that is convenient.
Remote consultations also help to reduce the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
If you are due to have a video consultation,
- We will schedule your appointment as normal and send you a letter in the post or an email with your appointment
- Before your appointment you will be contacted by your care team and have agreed to a video consultation
- You will receive an email with a link to use to join your video consultation on the day of your appointment
For a video consultation, you would need:
- Broadband internet access – we suggest that you use Wi-Fi rather than 4G to ensure that the signal is reliable
- Google Chrome (for Windows and Android devices) or Safari (Apple devices)
- A desktop computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet with microphone and camera
- A quiet location away from noise and distractions so that you can clearly hear the doctor or nurse and hold your consultation in private.
Before your appointment, please test your equipment. You can do this here: Test your equipment
To find out more about how your consultation will work, take a look at our pocket guides here:
Day of my appointment
On the date and time of your appointment, you will be able to enter your clinic below via the link provided in your appointment reminder text message. It is a good idea to enter the waiting room a few minutes early.
Ensure you complete all details including your date of birth and a phone number we can call you back on if there are any difficulties. We will not store the details you submit and any details will be transferred securely.
Having problems? Please contact your usual Royal Marsden healthcare advisor or for further information, please see our frequently asked questions, troubleshooting guide and patient information leaflet below.
Alternatively, please use one of the following contact numbers for support::
Central Referral and Information Line
- Phone: 0207 811 8111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
For the OPD/RDAC departments and Chelsea and Sutton: