Tumour: GI Cancer
Our Gastrointestinal Cancer Service at The Royal Marsden Private Care at Cavendish Square
Receive a diagnosis without delay with our same-day gastrointestinal cancer service. We offer private stomach cancer checks and stomach cancer treatment. Plus, a full range of tests and treatments for other upper and lower GI tract cancers. Book an appointment for access to a consultant-led consultation, assessments and diagnostics.
The Royal Marsden Gastrointestinal Cancer Unit provides a thorough and highly specialised service for the staging, treatment and hospital care of patients with gastrointestinal cancers. Our multidisciplinary approach ensures every patient receives a tailored gastrointestinal cancer treatment plan and the highest standard of private care.
- Oesophageal cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Small bowel cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Liver cancer
- Cancers of the biliary system
- Colorectal cancer
- Blood and urine tests
- CT scan
- Contrast enhanced spiral CT
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP)
- CT colonography
- Barium enema*
- Therapies including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, SALT*
*These procedures will be carried out at our sister hospital sites in Central London or Surrey
Meet our specialist consultants
- Mr Asif Chaudry, Surgeon
- Mr Sacheen Kumar, Surgeon
- Mr Shanu Rasheed, Surgeon
- Professor Parris Tekkis, Surgeon
- Mr Kelvin Ramsey, Plastic Surgeon
- Professor David Cunningham, Medical Oncologist
- Dr Sheila Rao, Medical Oncologist
- Dr Naureen Starling, Medical Oncologist
- Dr Diana Tait, Clinical Oncologist
- Dr Sameer Zar, Gastroenterologist
Why choose The Royal Marsden Gastrointestinal Cancer Care?
Choose The Royal Marsden for expert diagnostics and care for all GI tract cancers, including private stomach cancer treatment. Our multidisciplinary team, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities are just some of the reasons that we have been rated “Outstanding” by the CQC.
Part of one of Europe’s largest cancer centres, our private gastrointestinal cancer clinic is assessed to rigorous NHS standards. Receiving private treatment in an NHS setting means you benefit from the best level of care. From private stomach cancer checks, to bespoke care plans, our gastrointestinal cancer treatment is of the highest standard.
Find out more about our pain management service.