Our breast cancer service at The Royal Marsden Private Care at Cavendish Square
Our rapid one-stop breast cancer service ensures you have access to a consultant-led appointment, assessments, and imaging all on the same day for a quick diagnosis.
The Royal Marsden breast unit is one of the largest in the UK with around 9,000 new breast referrals a year. Our experienced specialist teams use triple assessment techniques to provide the best breast cancer diagnosis and assessment available.
We offer private treatment for:
- Breast cancer
- Breast abnormalities
- Breast pain (mastalgia)
- Nipple discharge
- Male breast concerns
- Benign breast lumps (fibroadenoma)
- Treating breast cancer during pregnancy
- Secondary (metastatic) breast cancer
Screening and diagnostics
- Physical and medical examination
- Blood and urine tests
- MR guided breast biopsies
- Fine needle aspiration
- Cancer genetics and family history services
- Open access follow up programme to support end of treatment
- Mastectomy (single/double)*
- DIEP flap – mastectomy and reconstruction in one operation*
- Radiotherapy, including intensity-modulated radiotherapy *
- Cyberknief radiotherapy*
- Breast reconstruction and conserving surgery*
- Therapies including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, SALT*
*These procedures will be carried out at our other hospital sites in west London or Surrey
Meet our specialist consultants
- Miss Fiona MacNeill, Consultant Breast Surgeon
- Miss Jennifer Rusby, Consultant Oncoplastic Surgeon
- Mr Kelvin Ramsey, Clinical Lead for Plastic Surgery and Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
- Miss Nicola Roche, Consultant Breast Surgeon
- Mr Peter Barry, Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
- Mr Stuart James, Consultant Plastic Surgeon and Clinical Lead for Plastic Surgery
- Dr Alicia Okines, Consultant Medical Oncologist
- Dr Alistair Ring, Consultant Medical Oncologist
- Dr Gillian Ross, Consultant Clinical Oncologist
- Professor Ian Smith, Consultant Medical Oncologist and Professor of Cancer Medicine
- Professor Nicholas Turner, Consultant Medical Oncologist
Why choose The Royal Marsden for breast cancer care?
If you are looking for breast cancer private treatment in London, you can be sure of an award-winning service at The Royal Marsden. Our clinical expertise, facilities and technology ensure the best level of breast cancer private care.
Our private breast cancer clinic in London is part of one of Europe’s largest cancer centres. Receiving private breast cancer care in an NHS setting means you benefit from the highest quality standards. These are continually assessed under a strict NHS governance framework.
From private breast cancer screening to bespoke treatment plans, our multidisciplinary team will ensure your experience is unrivalled. We are one of the few private hospitals to have been rated “Outstanding” by the CQC.
What to expect when diagnosed with breast cancer?
Our world-class consultants from varying specialities answer some of the most frequently asked questions about common cancers. From breast to urology, we cover all the main cancers on video for you to refer back to. Consultants at The Royal Marsden are leaders in their fields and best placed to reassure, covering everything from about preventative measures and symptoms, to treatment and side effects.
Find out more about our pain management service.