Improving your outpatient experience with appointment reminders
Find out about our new reminder and online appointment management service below.
The Royal Marsden has started using a new appointment reminder service called DrDoctor. DrDoctor alerts patients to their future appointments and allows them to request to reschedule or cancel, where necessary.
If you have a mobile phone number on our system, you will receive a text reminder. If you have an email address on our system, you will also receive an email reminder. The reminders include:
- Your appointment date and time
- Details of the clinic appointment
- An option to stop reminders
- A link to click on which takes you to the DrDoctor website
If you click on the link to the DrDoctor website, you will be asked to provide the following details:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
DrDoctor will then verify your identity by sending you a unique one-time code to your phone number. Enter this into the DrDoctor website.
Once you have successfully logged onto the DrDoctor website, you will be able to:
- Request to reschedule or cancel your appointment
- Prepare for your visit with location information including maps
- Add your appointment to your personal phone calendar or email calendar
- View all upcoming appointment details in one place
- Change your preference for receiving appointment reminders. For example, to opt out of the service or choose a preference to receive reminders by email or text
If you do not receive message reminders or cannot log in, please contact the reception on your next visit so we can check and update your details.