- early diagnosis of breast cancer
- neoadjuvant and peri-operative trials
- oncoplastic breast surgery, sentinel node biopsy
- nipple-sparing mastectomy for risk reduction
- immediate breast reconstruction
- Local pedicled perforator flaps (e.g. LICAP, LTAP, MICAP, TDAP)
- Complex and recurrent axillary (lymph gland) surgery
Mr Barry has both a private and an NHS practice at The Royal Marsden.
Mr Barry qualified from University of Sydney, Australia, in 2000. He obtained a Fellowship in Surgical Oncology and undertook a clinical fellowship in sarcoma and melanoma as well as with the Breast Unit at The Royal Marsden from 2000–02.
He had a surgical oncology practice in Australia, with an interest in breast oncoplastic techniques and reconstructive options following cancer surgery as well as preventative surgery for high-risk women. He also performs ultrasound of the breast in the clinic and operating theatre to localise breast lesions. He joined the Breast Unit at The Royal Marsden as a consultant in August 2012.