Academic and commercial trials are run through the Haemato-oncology Unit. Trials that are currently recruiting are listed below under each disease category.
Please email us for more information about our haemato-oncology clinical trials.
Acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) trials
- IDH1 inhibitor study for adults with AML with IDH1 mutation, either relapsed or refractory to conventional treatment or for those unsuitable for conventional treatment at presentation.
- Trial of MDM2 antagonist in combination with intensive chemotherapy for relapsed/refractory AML in fit adults
- AML19 for untreated patients aged 18-60 years with AML. Looking at one vs two doses of gemtuzumab ozogamicin with standard chemotherapy
- AML18 for untreated patients aged over 60 years with AML. Looking at one vs two doses of gemtuzumab ozogamicin with standard chemotherapy
Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) trials
- UKALL2011 trial for young adults aged 18-24 years with untreated ALL, looking at different doses of steroids and high dose methotrexate
- MEK inhibitor trial for relapsed/refractory acute lymphoblastic leukaemia with RAS-pathway mutations in adults.
Chronic lymphoid leukaemias
- Randomised clinical trial comparing R-FC to R-Ibrutinib in treatment naïve CLL patients with intact TP53
- Randomised clinical trial comparing Ibrutinib to Acalabrutinib in patients with previously treated CLL with ATM or TP53 loss
- A dose-finding study of single agent idelalisib in the treatment of double-refractory follicular lymphoma
- A clinical trial of ibrutinib, lenalidomide and rituximab in patients with relapsed/refractory DLBCL
Myelodysplastic syndromes and other myeloid disorders
For patients with low blood counts of uncertain cause we have a gene sequencing study to test whether any genes are mutated.
- An immunotherapy trial for patients with relapsed myeloma, combining daratumumab with a checkpoint inhibitor. Patients who do not respond to this combination go on to receive pomalidomide and dexamethasone in addition
- A dose-finding study of a next generation thalidomide analogue
- MUK7 – a randomised study comparing pomalidomide and dexamethasone with pomalidomide, dexamethasone and cyclophosphamide in patients with relapsed myeloma
- MUK8 – a randomised study comparing cyclophosphamide and dexamethasone with ixazomib, cyclophosphamide and dexamethasone in patients with relapsed myeloma
- iTIMM – an imaging study for newly diagnosed patients with myeloma that requires therapy which will include a stem cell transplant. Patients undergo a PET/CT scan and whole body diffusion weighted MRI at diagnosis, and then a further MRI after initial therapy and again after transplant