Infection Prevention and Control Team
At The Royal Marsden, protecting patients is a priority. We firmly believe that infection prevention and control is everybody's business: all our staff receive training in this when they first join and at regular intervals thereafter.
We have a team of infection prevention and control specialists who promote the principles of clean, safe care, and provide advice and support to other staff. They ensure that, as far as we possibly can, we protect the patients in our care from healthcare associated infections.
This means being involved in everything, such as:
- training staff when and how to clean their hands
- making sure that we take infection risks into account whenever we expand our services or refurbish wards
- advising colleagues on how best to care for patients who do have infections.
Members of the team
- Director of Infection Prevention and Control (DIPC) - Eamonn Sullivan
- Consultant Microbiologist - Dr Unell Riley
- Lead Nurse (Deputy DIPC) – Pat Cattini
- Matron Infection Prevention – Dorothy Chakani
- Clinical Nurse Specialist – Marz Magdalena
- Antimicrobial Pharmacist – Celia Noblett
- Infection Prevention and Control team administrator - Harry Farlow
Each ward also has one or more link nurses – these are nurses who have a particular interest in infection prevention and who have received additional training in the subject. They promote good practice in their areas of work, disseminate information and advice from the Infection Prevention and Control Team, and bring the Team’s attention to anything that needs it.
The Infection Prevention and Control Team are happy to answer any queries or receive any comments from visitors, relatives or patients before, during or after a hospital visit.
Please telephone 020 8661 3248 between 08:30 and 16:30 or speak to your doctor or nurse who can contact the team for you.