Consultants present at ESMO Congress
World-leading consultants from The Royal Marsden and the ICR are presenting at the annual European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress
The ESMO Congress, held in Madrid, is the most influential annual meeting for oncology professionals in Europe, with more than 16,000 members attending the event from all over the world.
Professor David Cunningham, Director of Clinical Research at The Royal Marsden, said: “The ESMO Congress can directly impact the daily clinical practice of oncologists as it is the ideal place to learn about the latest science, network with colleagues and keep pace with today’s rapid developments in cancer research.
“It is great to see so many of our Royal Marsden and ICR colleagues presenting in such high numbers, discussing the treatments of tomorrow for cancer patients everywhere.”
Ten consultants from The Royal Marsden undertake a prestigious role at the ESMO Congress by sitting on the Scientific Committee for specific cancer types.
- Gastrointestinal tumours, non-colorectal (Professor David Cunningham)
- Genitourinary tumours, prostate (Professor Johann de Bono)
- Development therapeutics (Dr Udai Banerji)
- Genitourinary tumours, non-prostate (Dr Vincent Khoo)
- Translational research (Dr Gerhardt Attard)
- Gynaecological cancers (Dr Susana Banerjee, the only UK representative)
- Non-metastatic NSCLC and other thoracic malignancies (Dr Sanjay Popat, the only UK representative)
- Sarcoma (Dr Robin Jones, the only UK representative)
- Neuroendocrine and endocrine tumours (Dr Ian Chau, the only UK representative)
- Central Nervous System tumours (Professor Louis Chesler, the only UK representative)