Mr Christos Kontovounisios
Clinical Senior Lecturer Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon MD, PhD, FACS, FRCS
Available at: Chelsea
- Laparoscopic and robotic colon and rectal cancer
- Locally advanced and recurrent colorectal cancer
- Anal cancer/squamous cell carcinoma
- Pelvic gastrointestinal stromal tumour (gist) surgery
- Cancer and inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis/Crohn's disease)
- Pelvic floor disorders
Mr Christos Kontovounisios is a Clinical Senior Lecturer in Colorectal Surgery at the Department of Surgery and Cancer Imperial College.
Mr Kontovounisios is fully committed in academic surgery with clinical interest in colorectal minimal invasive, pelvic floor and pelvic exenterative surgery for locally advanced and recurrent malignant disease.
Mr Kontovounisios' research is on the development and validation of novel diagnostic/ prognostic and surveillance blood and tissue biomarkers in Colorectal Cancer.
Mr Kontovounisios also studies the use of 3D imaging / simulation and 3D printing for teaching, education, patient understanding and operative planning.