The Royal Marsden is an NHS Foundation Trust, meaning it is part of the NHS but independent from the Department of Health and directly accountable to its local community. As a Foundation Trust, we give greater say in how we are run to local people, staff and all those who use our services, including patients, their families and carers.
As a Member you can:
- Receive information that keeps you up-to-date on our work, including a copy of the RM magazine
- Be invited to Members’ Events which may include exclusive tours
- Receive access to discounts by signing up to MyTrustBenefits.co.uk
- Have a say on how to improve patient care and services
- Vote to elect your Governors or stand for Governor
Your level of involvement is entirely up to you and membership is completely free.
For more information, contact Corporate Governance on 020 7808 2844, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership of The Royal Marsden is divided into constituencies. Each constituency has at least one elected representative on the Council of Governors. The four constituencies are:
- Patients: those receiving or who received treatment or follow-up care from The Royal Marsden during the last five years, those who live in England and paediatric/adolescent patients aged 16-25
- Carers: those who have attended The Royal Marsden as a patient's carer during the last five years
- Staff: employees of The Royal Marsden, holders of honorary contracts with The Royal Marsden and those holding a joint contract with us and the Institute of Cancer Research
- Public: residents of England
Become a governor
Our Council of Governors hold our Board of Directors to account and represent the views of fellow members of The Royal Marsden Foundation Trust and general members of the public. The Council of Governors meets quarterly to discuss The Royal Marsden’s performance and strategic direction.
You do not need any specific qualifications to become a Governor – all successful candidates will be provided with relevant training, development and support to carry out the role effectively. When a vacancy arises on the Council of Governors all members within that constituency are written to advising them an election will be held and inviting them to stand/and vote. To find out more, contact Rebecca Hudson, Member and Governor Lead, on 020 7808 2844 or email Rebecca.Hudson@rmh.nhs.uk.
All members are invited to attend members’ events which are held 3 times a year. If you have an interest in the work of the Trust our events are a great opportunity to find out information about key issues as well as meet Governors and staff.
Check back to see the details of our next members' event.
Our last event on 14 November 2019 focused on our Quality Priorities for 2020/21 seeking members views and our Strategy for Quality Improvement. Members also had the opportunity to take a look round our brand new Maggie’s Centre.
See below for our most recent RM Magazine: