You can do as much or as little as you want, with all aspects and stages of our research. There are lots of ways in which you can choose to help us with our research.
We would like to work with you on our journey to new and better cancer treatment and care, because you:
- Know what it is like to receive treatment and the impacts of side effects on your life.
- Can help researchers understand what matters most to patients and their families.
- Can challenge and shape decisions about research.
- Help researchers ‘design’ research that is easier for patients to understand.
There are several opportunities that you may choose to be involved with:
- Sign up for our new Cancer Patients’ Voice digital platform and have your say on research projects and services by participating in online discussions, surveys and more.
- Remain updated regarding patient and public involvement and engagement events such as open days or training.
- Contribute by email to reviewing research documents, i.e. patient information sheets or leaflets.
- Become a member of the Patient and Carer Research Review Panel and through friendly meetings, comment on research proposals, and contribute to the formal review process for clinical trials.
- Become more involved with the ongoing production of research as a co-applicant or co-researcher.
You can choose to do one or more of these things and change your mind at any time. We will provide any necessary training and support that you feel you need. However much or little you decide is right for you, we are very grateful. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped us find smarter and kinder treatments for cancer. We will reimburse your travel and other out-of-pocket expenses.
We will also offer other incentives. If you wish to be involved, we will ask you to give us your details; these will be stored in a secure database managed by The Royal Marsden. We will also ask you to indicate how you might like to be involved.
If you wish to know more about patient and public involvement and engagement in our research, please click here
Please send any questions relating to getting involved in research at The Royal Marsden to this email