The team publicises hospital developments, research breakthroughs, and other news stories associated with The Royal Marsden. This means:
- Dealing with press enquiries
- Identifying 'experts' for interview
- Coordinating all photography and filming within the hospital
- Researching patient case studies
- Organising celebrity and VIP visits
- Producing a wide range of magazines and publications
Please contact us if you would like to be added to our press release circulation list.
First point of contact for the media
The PR and Communications Team at The Royal Marsden handles all media enquiries and requests for information from journalists.
We understand media deadlines, can help you develop your stories, and can quickly identify and contact the most appropriate spokesperson.
Royal Marsden staff are asked to refer any direct approaches from journalists to the PR and Communications Team, so it is quicker to start here.
We are happy to discuss possible feature, photographic and filming ideas, and will do our best to co-ordinate appropriate interviews, photography and filming requests.
We place a strong emphasis on the need for strict patient confidentiality. We will not divulge any information about a patient unless we are given permission from the individual or their next of kin.
The PR and Communications Team is available from 9am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have a media enquiry, please contact:
- Elaine Parr, Head of PR and Communications, on 020 7811 8556 or email@example.com
- Abby Samuel, PR and Communications Manager, on 020 7808 2107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catherine O'Mara, Senior PR and Communications Officer, email@example.com
- Hannah Bransden, Senior PR and Communications Officer, on 0207 811 8244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fran Vitale, Senior PR and Communications Officer, on 0207 808 2605 or email@example.com
- Orla Anandarajah, PR and Communications Assistant, on 0207 808 2269 or Orla.Anandarajah@rmh.nhs.uk
Please contact the hospital switchboard on 020 7352 8171 and ask to be put through to the Duty Press Officer.