The Customer Service Excellence standard tests areas that are a priority for customers in great depth, with a particular focus on delivery, timeliness, information, professionalism and staff attitude. There is also emphasis placed on developing customer insight, understanding the user’s experience and robust measurement of service satisfaction.
Compliance against the standard is assessed on a rolling annual programme. The latest assessment report can be found below.
Our promises on timeliness and quality of customer service
The Royal Marsden aims to offer a service that is efficient, effective, excellent, equitable and empowering, and with the patient and their family, friends and carers always at the heart of service provision.
Staff will meet the needs of customers professionally, courteously and efficiently by:
- treating all customers with respect and courtesy
- listening to what customers have to say
- personalising services to the needs and circumstances of each service user where practical
- always doing what they say they are going to do, or by updating the appropriate people promptly if things change, offering an explanation for the change
- responding to enquiries promptly and efficiently
- consulting customers about their service needs
The complete standards of customer service can be found in the customer service policy below.
Email and telephone audits
To see how well we are doing in providing excellent customer service, we measure performance in a number of ways including patient surveys, complaints monitoring and audits. Below are audits that looked at how well staff respond to telephone calls and emails.