The Royal Marsden regularly conducts and publishes clinical research in medical and scientific journals.
These research papers are long and written in language suitable for a scientific audience, so we are also providing summaries aimed at members of the public and health professionals who are not specialists in cancer.
These summaries are listed most recent first, based on the closing date of the study.
- Case control study to evaluate the impact of radiotherapy on patients undergoing DIEP flap breast reconstruction, by Miss Jennifer Rusby
- An Exploratory Study of Pre-treatment Staging and Post-treatment Assessment in Malignant Lymphoma by Whole Body Diffusion-weighted MR Imaging (WB-DWI) and ADC-mapping in comparison to 18 FDG PET/CT by Sue Chua.
- Feasibility study testing multi-panel coding and non-coding transcriptional responses as an indicator of individualised responses to radiation effects in radiation therapy patients (RTGene) by Navita Somaiah
- Pilot study to develop predictive biomarkers for drugs targeting the ALK and p53 pathways for children with neuroblastoma by Professor Louis Chesler
- Biomarkers of sensitivity to fraction size in curative radiotherapy – Radiobiology research involving persons with Li-Fraumeni Syndrome by Navita Somaiah
- Mutational analysis in gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST): prognostic value in terms of relapse free survival and response and response duration on treatment with imatinib and /or sunitinib by Professor Ian Judson
- A pilot study to assess the role of competencies of clinical research nurses within a specialist cancer hospital by Ann Muls
- Biomarkers of sensitivity to fraction size in curative radiotherapy - collection and banking of normal tissue by Dr Navita Somaiah
- PeriOpErative Target Therapy for Individualised Care-2: A Feasibility Study by Professor Ian Smith
- Testing whether the Microsoft Kinect system can detect patients holding their breath during radiotherapy by Dr Anna Kirby
- Functional Imaging in Radical Chemo-radiotherapy for Head & Neck Cancer by Dr Kate Newbold
- Risk of chronic adverse effects in patients undergoing radical radiotherapy for breast and prostate cancers by Professor John Yarnold
- Report on the patients referred to the Lymph node diagnostic clinic by Professor David Cunningham
- Comparing MRI and CT bowel cancer scans to see which helps doctors see disease progression more accurately by Professor Gina Brown
- Randomised comparison of conventional histological processing of colorectal cancers with MRI guided specimen dissection for histology by Professor Gina Brown
- A study looking at a new treatment plan for locally advanced cancer of the pancreas (PERU) by Dr Ian Chau
- MRS Studies in Oncology by Professor Nandita de Souza
- Testing biopsy samples for genetic mutations in small-cell lung cancer by Dr Mary O'Brien
- The effectiveness of acupuncture for the relief of breathlessness in lung cancer by Dr Mary O'Brien
- The HeartSpare Study (Stage 1) - Optimisation and Individualisation of Heart-Sparing Breast Radiotherapy Techniques by Dr Anna Kirby
- Expectations and experiences of participation in phase I anti-cancer clinical drug trials by Dr Natalie Pattison
- Development & Evaluation of endocavity magnetic resonance techniques by Professor Nandita de Souza
- Functional MR in the assessment of metastatic bone disease - version 1 by Professor Nandita de Souza
- The validation of two inpatient adult nutrition screening tools in cancer care – a prospective study by Dr Clare Shaw
- How experiencing advanced cancer affects male patients' perceptions of masculinity by Dr Natalie Pattison
- Testing whether reflexology is as effective as aromatherapy in relieving cancer symptoms by Dr Clare Shaw
- Educating senior cancer nurses in Motivational Interviewing and Solution-Focused approaches: A case study by Dr Natalie Pattison