Who we are and what we do
- Trust-wide organisational charts (please note that the Trust only discloses the names of Directors as their details are already in the public domain)
- Workforce department organisational chart
- IT department organisational chart
Total number of staff employed by the Trust
- As at October 2017, the Trust employed 3813.87 FTE (full-time equivalent) staff
What we spend and how we spend it
- Employee expenses and numbers 2016/17
- Trust Board, Governor and Executive Director expenses 2016/17 Financial Year
Trust expenditure over £25k
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- Information can be accessed via the SPHERE Fact Sheet. Please note that the Trust’s contract with SPHERE is for the overall service.
Use of medical locums
- For the financial year 2016/17 there were 849 medical locum agency shifts.
Junior doctor average salary and conditions
- Junior Doctors are paid in accordance with national terms and conditions, full details of which are easily accessible on the website of the British Medical Association; and that basic pay scales range from the entry point of Foundation Year 1 £22,862 to the top of the basic salary range for Specialty Registrar which is £47,647.
Number of vacancies
- As at April 2017, the total number of unfilled vacancies Trust wide was 379.19 FTE (full-time equivalent) posts not filled with substantive or fixed term staff.
Payroll contractual arrangements
- As at December 2016 the Trust has outsourced payroll to SBS, the duration of the current contract ends in Nov 2019. The contract involves the processing on a monthly as well as weekly basis of a fully managed payroll service for all staffing groups, including both substantive and temporary
Contractual arrangements for security and number of incidents
- The Trust does not incur expenditure on security staff or sub-contractors because its in-house portering team has security responsibilities incorporated into their job descriptions
|Number of incidents 2012-2016||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||Total|
|Number of incidents categorised as physical assault to a member of staff||14||12||15||5||10||56|
|Number of incidents categorised as verbal abuse to a member of staff||22||20||15||9||16||82|
Our priorities and what we are doing
- Five Year Strategic Plan
- Trust Membership Recruitment and Engagement Strategy 2015-2018
- Freedom of Information Annual Report 2017/18
How we make decisions
Our policies and procedures
Lists and registers
- Register of Board's Interests September 2017
- Register of Governors' Interest September 2017
- Register of Executive Directors' Interests January 2018
- Register of Interests of the Leadership Team June 2018
Services we offer
Total numbers of beds across the Trust's two sites
- As at April 2018 this figure was 225. Please note that this doesn’t include chairs and day surgery.
Bed occupancy for the last 12 months
- The Trust refers to the NHS England website, where Bed Availability & Occupancy statistics reported by Trusts are posted following quarterly collection.
Cancelled operations in the last 12 months
- The Trust refers to the NHS England website, where Cancelled Election Operation statistics reported by Trusts are posted following quarterly collection.
|Financial year 2016/17||44||47|
- Please note this table summaries patients discharges between the hours of 11pm and 6am inclusive, by month, and for the Royal Marsden's two hospital sites, for the financial year 16-17. This information covers inpatient discharges following a length of stay at least one night. Also this information does not include self discharge, only discharge arising for medical advice are included. Please also note we have redacted small numbers due to patient confidentiality.
- From April 2016-March 2017 there were ten serious incidents, five of which were pressure ulcers.
Public Health funerals
- The Trust was involved in organising one such funeral in April 2017.