This website has been designed to be accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
If you have any questions or feedback about using this website, please contact us.
Text resizing and page magnification
At the top-right of every page on this site there is a text size selector which allows you to display the text on the site at three different sizes: normal, larger and largest.
There are also controls in your browser which will either modify text size only or change the size of everything – text, images, blocks of content.
Users who wish to make use of their browsers’ text resizing or page magnification tools can follow these instructions:
- PC / Internet Explorer 6: select View from the main toolbar and choose one of the options in Text Size
- PC / Internet Explorer 7: select Page from the main toolbar underneath the search field and choose one of the options in Text Size
- PC / Internet Explorer 8: choose a page magnification level with the button in the bottom-right corner, or select View from the main toolbar and choose one of the options in Text Size, or select Page from the main toolbar and choose one of the options in Zoom
- PC / Firefox: select View from the main toolbar and choose one of the options in Zoom
- PC / Chrome: select the wrench icon in the toolbar and choose one of the Zoom options
- Mac / Safari: select the Page menu in the toolbar and choose one of the options in Zoom.
Most browsers also allow you to resize text or change the magnification of the page by holding down CTRL and + to increase size and CTRL and - to decrease size. CTRL and 0 resets the size back to normal. Mac users should replace CTRL with the Command key.
High contrast mode
Also at the top right of every page is a link which allows you to switch to high contrast mode. Some users with vision impairments will find this makes it easier for them to read the text.
This website has been built in a way that allows it to work with a wide range of screenreaders. Prior to launch, it was tested in with JAWS, Supernova, VoiceOver, Zoomtext and Dragon.