The Royal Marsden
Surrey SM2 5PT
Wards and facilities map
Travel by train
Rail timetables are available on the National Rail Enquiries website. The nearest train stations are:
- Sutton Station: served by trains running from London Victoria, London Bridge, London Blackfriars, London Kings Cross (First Capital Connect), Clapham Junction and Horsham, Sussex. For connecting services from the south coast, change at Horsham. For connecting services from West London, change at Wimbledon. The hospital is about a mile and a half from Sutton station and is an uphill walk. The journey takes about ten minutes by bus or taxi.
- Belmont Station: served by trains on the London Victoria to Epsom Downs line. Belmont station is a quarter of a mile from the hospital. Trains run every hour and more frequently during peak travel times. There is no Sunday service. The walk from Belmont station is also uphill.
Travel by bus
London and local bus routes run close to the hospital or terminate nearby. You should ask for the Downs Road stop. Bus numbers may vary due to changes in routes.
Currently, bus numbers 80, 280, 420 and S1 run along Brighton Road, Downs Road and Cotswold Road. They connect with Morden underground station (Northern Line), and Sutton, Tooting, Redhill and Banstead train stations.
Bus numbers S3 and S4 stop in the hospital grounds. They run every 30 minutes (peak hours only, no Sunday service) and both pass through Sutton town centre and stop at the train station. The S3 bus terminates at Worcester Park station and the S4 at Roundshaw.
Plan your journey
Plan your journey with the Transport for London Journey Planner
The hospital is located near to several cycle routes, including National Route 20 and Surrey Cycle Guide No.3. You can see a map of them at Sustrans. You can also plan your journey at cyclejourneyplanner.tfl.gov.uk.
Secure bike parking is located through the barrier to the Visitors’ Car Park and then down the slope on the left into the Radiotherapy Car Park.
Travel by car
Because of the limited number of parking spaces available, we ask patients to consider coming to the Sutton hospital by public transport or taxi rather than by car. If you do wish to drive, follow these instructions:
- Leave the M25 at Junction 8 and join the A217 to Sutton.
- Continue for approximately eight miles until you reach a roundabout with a signpost for the B2230 Brighton Road to Sutton.
- Take the first turning on the right into Downs Road. The turning is just after a small hump back bridge and immediately before the pedestrian crossing.
- Continue over the crossroads. The Royal Marsden is the second turning on the left.
There is limited car parking space available for patients and visitors at our Sutton hospital. Parking is on a ‘pay on foot’ basis and charges are as follows:
- Up to ½ hour: free
- ½–1 hour: £2
- 1–2 hours: £5
- 2–3 hours: £6
- 3–4 hours: £8
- 4–5 hours: £10
- 5–8 hours: £12
- 8–24 hours: £14
- Weekly (7 day) permit: £25
- Monthly (30 day) permit: £50
- 6-week (45 day) permit: £60
- Annual permit: £100
Lost tickets are charged at the daily rate.
Parking fees for stays up to 24 hours can be paid for at the barrier on exiting the car park. The payment machines take coins, notes and credit cards. Weekly, monthly, 6-week and annual permits must be purchased from the control kiosk.
All car parking charges are reinvested back into our car parking services to ensure that patients and visitors benefit from a safe, secure and well maintained car park.
Security at our car parks is very important to us. In 2002, The Royal Marsden was one of the first hospitals to receive Park Mark® security accreditation from the Association of Chief Police Officers’ Safer Parking Scheme. We are the only NHS hospital to retain the award for nine successive years.