The Royal Marsden Help Centre
The Help Centre offers support to all patients, their families and friends at any stage of their cancer experience. Where appropriate, the Help Centre can refer you to other professionals for specialist or more long-term support.
Confidential chat and support, information-giving and signposting to necessary services is available, as is internet access and a small library of information materials. Booklets and leaflets are provided on request. Staff can also assist in communication between yourself and your medical team if requested.
- In Chelsea, the Help Centre is opposite the Medical Day Unit.
- In Sutton, the Help Centre is in the main entrance.
Please call us on 0800 783 7176 or visit us in person between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Outside these hours, you can contact us by:
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS staff are here to:
- provide you with information about services at The Royal Marsden
- guide you to other health and social care resources which may be available to you closer to home, including cancer support groups, carer support services and advocacy services
- help you with any questions, concerns or complaints you may have about your treatment and care
- support you and listen to your views and suggestions
- resolve any concerns or complaints you have about your care or the services you receive as soon as possible.
PALS is a confidential service and information will not be disclosed to any other person without your consent.
|Complaints received and actions taken (Oct-Dec 2014)
Patient information service
The impact of a diagnosis of cancer can have a significant effect on you, your family and friends. You may want information about practical help and support on living with cancer, as well as about cancer itself. Finding the right information and support can help you and your family to cope in a better way.
The cancer information service complements the information given to you by your clinical team. Information is available about cancer, its treatment, effects and side effects. The service also has information about the help and support available to help you live with cancer, accessible in different forms including leaflets, booklets, books, CDs, DVDs and the internet. You can browse through the information or talk to a Patient Information Officer in the centre.
The Royal Mardsen publishes a number of booklets and leaflets about cancer and its treatments. These are free of charge, and many are available to download from this website.
You are welcome to browse through our library. As well as booklets and leaflets, the centre has books, CDs and DVDs that you may borrow and internet access which the team can help you use to search for information.
Trusted and reliable information
The Royal Marsden has been certified as a quality provider of health and social care information by The Information Standard – a new certification scheme for health and social care information. Find out more.