What to bring
If your child is to be admitted for an inpatient stay, you may wish to bring clothes and other items for both of you.
For your child
- Comforter, e.g. blanket or soft toy
- Medicines they may need
- Photographs of the family and pets
- Games and videos (we only have DVD players in the parents' sitting room and teenage room at the moment)
- Feeding cup if using one
- School work if they feel up to it
- Nightwear and dressing gown
- Books and magazines
- Medicines you may need
- Tea / coffee
- Mobile phone
- Pen / notepad
- Address book
Please remember that the use of mobile phones is not permitted on the unit. Mobile phones may only be used outside of hospital buildings.
Please note that we have a limited amount of storage space on the unit and there will be 15 other families in the ward at the same time. We therefore ask that things are taken home if they are not needed by you or your child.
The Royal Marsden will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal property of any kind.