Mr Aamir Z Khan
- FRCS (Eng)
- FRCS (Gen)
Mr Aamir Z Khan obtained higher surgical training in the South West Thames Programme, with subspecialist training at The Royal Marsden, Guy’s and St Thomas’ and The Royal Surrey County Hospital. He specialises in:
- upper gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery
- primary and secondary liver tumours
- bile duct cancers, including perihilar cholangiocarcinoma
- periampullary and pancreatic cancers
- cystic lesions of the pancreas.
Following inclusion in the specialist register, he obtained post-certification experience in two international centres of excellence: University of Tokyo Hospital and St James University Hospital, Leeds.
He has expertise in cancers of the liver, gall bladder, biliary tract and pancreas, and a special interest in biliary tract reconstruction. His research interests include hepatic resection for colorectal liver metastases, hilar cholangiocarcinoma and minimal access surgery.